CBM of America
Responsible for providing CBM representation in relation to critical installation opportunities in various critical facility environments. Will assist in the development and implementation of new procedures for special projects and will be the liaison between engineering/warehousing and installation services. This person will report directly to the Manager of Installation Services
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in telecom services/operations. Requires organizational and communications skills and a thorough understanding of our internal processes.
Knowledge of Long Haul Installation and Fiber Characterization a plus.
- Interface with customers to promote and support local and national projects and installations
- Become proficient with internal project management software as it applies to tracking all aspects of order flow.
- Work with customers in the development of sales proposals. This includes project walk-throughs, on-site presence.
- Manage job-related materials and their deployment from ordering through completion of the project.
- Develop man load requirements and installer skill sets required to support the installation
- Manage a team of technicians from start to completion of projects and installations.
- Interface with internal departments to ensure all aspects of each order are completed effectively.
- Coordinate the delivery of materials and specific tools required to support the installation
- Maintain awareness of the status of all assigned projects and installations throughout their lifespan.
- Responsible for the overall Quality Assurance of each order
- Lead by example and mentor subordinates.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to create spreadsheets and word documents.
- Ability to understand and communicate with our customers.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
- Ability to be sensitive to our customer’s dynamic needs
- Ability to respond to sensitive inquires and complaints
- Ability and confidence to make key decisions that affect all facets of an installation order
- 50% travel
CBM of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CBM of America
CBM of America is actively seeking a Level 4 Installer to support work in multiple environments including: Central Office's, PoP sites, and Data Centers. Ideal candidate will have the ability to run data center projects, rack-n-stack, power, fiber & copper cabling, testing and labeling. Must be able to run crews from 2-4 installers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of installation including rack and stack, full infrastructure builds, backbone cabling, copper and fiber testing, and complex DC power work.
- Input job status, issues, requests and all-expense-related information into the Project Management platform.
- Reconcile materials for sales order using web based inventory control forms
- Understand the scope of work and customer expectations as well as the profitability objectives and timeframes.
- Control all on-site aspects of the job and work closely with the Installation Supervisor or Project Manager to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Understand the scope of work of the job as well as the efficiency expectations given by the Installation Supervisor or Project Manager.
- Interface directly with the Installation Supervisor or Project Manager and Engineering Department to resolve any order issues. Correct job specifications, drawings, documentation and record all changes in the Project Management platform.
- Maintain tools assigned to the job as well as monitor tool calibration requirements
- Perform hardware testing, such as power verification, device provisioning and system tests.
- Responsible for all work meeting all customer standards.
- Meet or exceed customer and internal documented acceptable levels of quality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Lead Installation Technician should have minimum 5 years Data Center/PoP/CO installation experience.
- 5 to 8 years installation experience including rack and stack, fiber and copper cabling, testing and labeling in a CO and Data Center environment.
- Experience running crews up to 2 to 4 installers
- Knowledge of GR-1275 standards and practices
- Proficient with lacing and sewing
- Customer facing experience
- Organizational skills
- Nationwide travel