CBM of America LLC
Lead Telecom Installer - Level 4
CBM of America is actively seeking a Level 4 Installer to support work in multiple environments including: Central Office's, PoP sites, and Data Centers. Ideal candidate will have the ability to run data center projects, rack-n-stack, power, fiber & copper cabling, testing and labeling. Must be able to run crews from 2-4 installers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of installation including rack and stack, full infrastructure builds, backbone cabling, copper and fiber testing, and complex DC power work.
- Input job status, issues, requests and all-expense-related information into the Project Management platform.
- Reconcile materials for sales order using web based inventory control forms
- Understand the scope of work and customer expectations as well as the profitability objectives and timeframes.
- Control all on-site aspects of the job and work closely with the Installation Supervisor or Project Manager to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Understand the scope of work of the job as well as the efficiency expectations given by the Installation Supervisor or Project Manager.
- Interface directly with the Installation Supervisor or Project Manager and Engineering Department to resolve any order issues. Correct job specifications, drawings, documentation and record all changes in the Project Management platform.
- Maintain tools assigned to the job as well as monitor tool calibration requirements
- Perform hardware testing, such as power verification, device provisioning and system tests.
- Responsible for all work meeting all customer standards.
- Meet or exceed customer and internal documented acceptable levels of quality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Lead Installation Technician should have minimum 5 years Data Center/PoP/CO installation experience.
- 5 to 8 years installation experience including rack and stack, fiber and copper cabling, testing and labeling in a CO and Data Center environment.
- Experience running crews up to 2 to 4 installers
- Knowledge of GR-1275 standards and practices
- Proficient with lacing and sewing
- Customer facing experience
- Organizational skills