Level 4 Central Office Installer
$2000.00 SIGN-ON BONUS
CBM of America is offering a sign-on bonus for qualifying positions in specific markets.
Who We Are:
CBM of America is an Engineering, Furnish, Installation and Network Migration company - an innovator and provider of custom network products and solutions for the communications industry for over thirty years. Using a team of highly skilled network deployment and migration experts, we tailor a comprehensive action plan to meet and exceed your every networking need.
The Installation Technician Level 4 will be required to perform all intermediate and advanced installation work activities. The Installation Technician Level 4 should have a clear understanding of all Installation and Quality Standards contained in GR-1275 and NSTD119 Standards as well as specific CBMA and customer local requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with minimum supervision and be certified in Skill levels 1, 2 and 3.
• Input job status, issues and requests and all expense related information into the Project Management platform.
• Reconcile project materials using web-based inventory control forms.
• Understand the scope of work and customer expectations as well as the profitability objectives and timeframes.
• Control all on-site aspects of the job and work closely with the Installation Supervisor or Project Manager to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Understand the scope of work of the job as well as the efficiency expectations given by the Installation Supervisor or Project Manager.
• Interface directly with the Installation Supervisor or Project Manager and Engineering Department to resolve any order issues.
•Correct job specifications, drawings, documentation and record all changes in the Project Management platform.
•Maintain tools assigned to the job as well as monitor tool calibration requirements.
• Perform hardware testing, such as power verification, device provisioning and system tests.
• Responsible for ensuring all work meets or exceeds customer quality standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Should have a minimum of 5 years Data Center/PoP/CO installation experience.
• Should possess a good mechanical aptitude.
• Should possess a good knowledge of basic power tools.
• Should have the ability to adapt to various work environments.
• Should have good knowledge of optical routing equipment installations.
• Should have good knowledge of fiber optic cable installation & testing practices.
• Should have good knowledge of AC/DC power.
• Should have good knowledge of infrastructure installation work (equipment racks, cable racks and fiber duct etc.).
• Due to the nature of our customers’ requirements, work schedules and hours of operation are dynamic. The Level 4 Installer must be able to adjust to varying work schedules which may include all work shifts.
• Regional travel as required. Installers may be expected to travel periodically to work locations outside of commutable area.
CBM is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.